In the context of continuing care for our course and a smooth flow of flights, the following course regulations are applicable:
Course staff, including Marshals, always have right of way. If maintenance on or around the green is carried out by course personnel, they will remove the flag from the hole as proof.
- It is strictly forbidden to approach the green, during this period.
- Continuance of playing anywhere else on the course is only allowed after the course personnel member gives a signal to go ahead.
Behavior on the course
- Courtesy and sporting behavior is essential. Therefore a player is obliged to refrain from every inappropriate behavior or statement which can be experienced annoying by fellow players or course staff.
- You must behave in accordance with the rules as described in the NGF “Golf rules” manual. In addition you must abide the (temporary) local rules as mentioned on the scorecard, the information boards on the course and the website.
- Each player must carry a pitch fork and use it if necessary.
- Annoying use of a mobile phone is prohibited while playing, except in emergencies.
- A flight with more than four persons is not allowed.
- The use of driving range balls on the course is not allowed.
Use of handicarts, buggies and trolleys.
- The golf course may disallow the use of handicarts, buggies and trolleys in view of protection of the course. This will be announced on the information board and on the website. The use of a buggy/handicart is at own risk.
Dogs are allowed, provided they are leashed and do not cause any disturbance to other players.
- You are required to wear appropriate sportswear while participating in golf. Neat jeans are allowed, but tracksuits are not
- Women may wear a polo with collar, V-neck shirt, sleeveless shirt, or T-shirt, as well as a hoodie, bermuda shorts, or golf skirt
- Men may wear a polo with collar or V-neck shirt, T-shirt, hoodie, or bermuda shorts.
- Marshals are authorized to enforce adherence to the course rules.
- Therefore, instructions from the marshals must always be followed
- If the instructions of the marshals are not followed or the rules of the course are not observed, the marshal is entitled to refuse a player or remove him/her from the course.
- Practicing is only permitted on the driving range and the putting and chipping green.
- Practicing should be done in such a way that professionals are not hindered during teaching.
- People are also obliged to restore their pitch marks on the putting green.
Pace of Play (flow on the course)
- Watch the flight ahead of you and keep the connection.
- Don’t move or talk if a player is ready to tee-off.
- Hit a provisional ball if your ball is probably lost or difficult to find.
- If you are ready to hit/putt, do not wait for your fellow player if he/she still has to prepare, even if your ball is closer to the hole.
- Pick up your ball when you can no longer score.
- Place buggies, golf carrying bags and trolleys well outside the green, so that you can take them with you on the way to the next hole, without having to drive/walk past the green.
- If a tee time has been reserved, you must be present on the tee at least 10 minutes before the particular tee time.
- Each player must register him/herself in the shop or the restaurant, prior to tee-off time.
- Every player must be able to identify him/herself with a membership card and a valid ID proof.
- When the golf course is busy, BurgGolf reserves the right to complement flights to a maximum of 4 people in the event of a busy course.
- You can only start on hole 10 with the consent of a BurgGolf staff member.
- If the golf course occupation and the situation permits, a marshal may start a flight on hole 10.
- If you are unable to attend to a reserved tee time, please inform the reception of the golf course within 24 hours. In case of 3 times no cancellation of the reserved tee time, we are obliged to pass on a no show charge in the amount of the greenfee.
- These regulations apply to everyone who plays on the golf course and/ or uses the practice facilities and the par 3 course.
- Every golfer who enters the golf course must have taken notice of these course rules and the “local rules” and must adhere to them while playing.
Priority on the course
- Wave up the flight behind you to pass through (regardless of the composition of the flight), as soon as your party searches for a lost ball and it looks like it will not be found immediately; the “3”-minutes rule relates to the searching not the passing through. If you have let the players from the flight behind you pass through, you must wait until this flight is out of reach.
- When there is an entire hole between you and the preceding flight, you must allow the following, faster flights to pass through.
Care for the course
- Practice swings on the tee box are allowed, provided the grass is not hit with the club head.
- Replace and repair divots to ensure faster recovery of the fairway and rough.
- Repair pitch marks on the greens.
- Enter and leave bunkers on the low side.
- Do not walk through “Ground Under Repair” (GUR -blue poles). Drop balls always outside the GUR, without penalty.
- Never drive your buggy or trolley over the greens, tees, between bunkers and greens, on the fore-greens and aprons. Drive your buggy as much as possible on the designated paths and avoid wet spots.
- It is forbidden to leave waste, cigarette/cigar ends and/or other objects on the golf complex, other than in the designated waste bins.
- When there are winter greens, it is forbidden to play or walk on the summer greens